Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 568
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Sift flour with baking powder and salt, and add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat well. Stir in vanilla.
- In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into the batter, then quickly fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain. Divide batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven until cake springs back when lightly touched with a finger and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool in pans for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cover with white butter icing, and decorate as desired.
Per Serving: 568 calories; 18.3 94 7.9 48 499 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I have made this cake 4 times now, and it has been consistently good. I use it for fancier birthday cakes.
Good, basic cake recipe. It turns out perfectly well if you follow the recipe as is. The important thing to remember is that the flour must be measured after being sifted. If not, you'll end ...
didn't make it for a bridle shower but my family liked it!
This recipe was stellar. I baked a bridal shower cake for a friend and got so many compliments it was unreal. You have to give it a try!
sooo good! I made this for a mother daughter activity with my 8 year old where we were decorating cakes. I didn't gave a box mix, so I found this recipe. Wow! really yummy! so much better tha...
This was a great recipe! I used this to make a 9 in and 8 cupcakes. The 9 in is for a Neapolitan cake for my daughters golden birthday. The texture is wonderful, a little too sweet for me, bu...
This is a wonderful vanilla cake. Tasty and not too heavy. It holds together really well and is great for decorating. My young boys loved it too.