Apple Chiffon Cake
"Apples are always in abundance in the fall and this is the time when I make all kinds of cakes and cookies. This is another one of my recipes to share with you."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 14 servings (1 -10 inch tube)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat the egg whites and the cream of tartar until soft moist peaks are formed. Gradually add the white sugar and beat until very stiff and shiny.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon together. Blend in the brown sugar.
- Beat together until smooth the vegetable oil, egg yolks, and applesauce. Add to the flour mixture and beat until smooth. Fold batter into the beaten egg whites. Pour batter into one 10 inch ungreased tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 65 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Invert and cool in pan. When cake is cool loosen edges and remove cake from pan.
You might also like
Per Serving: 244 calories; 9.9 35.2 4.2 88 301 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Moist and delicious! I used an additional 1/2 cup of applesauce instead of the oil to cut back on calories, and the cake turned out excellent. This one will be going into my permanent recipe fi...