Poppy Seed Cake I
Brenda Benzar Butler
- Soak poppy seeds in water for 2 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8 inch round cake pans. Sift nonfat dry milk, flour and baking powder together, and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add 1/4 of the flour mixture to the creamed butter mixture and beat well. Continue to add the flour mixture alternately with the poppy seeds and water, beating well after each addition.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and gently fold into batter. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Cool, then fill and top with Almond Custard Filling before serving, if desired.
Per Serving: 206 calories; 9.3 27.5 4.1 19 127 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I'm 47 years old and this has been my favorite choice for my birthday cake for 40 yrs. My mom made this for me for year and now I make my own because she's not close. I don't mind because I lo...
I thought this was a very easy cake to make. Moist, delicious. I have been asked repeatedly for this recipe. Thank you thank you thank you
good use of poppy seed family enjoyed it i used lemmon pudding and it was agreat taste
This has got to be one of the worst cakes I have tried! I baked it for everyone at work, and they all hated it. One asked me if I put arsenic in it! Another said it tasted like paper-mache paste...