Cherry Nut Cake II
Ingredientsservings 893 cals
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease one 10 inch tube pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and dust pan with flour.
- Cream the light butter together with the white sugar. Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each one. Mix in the vanilla extract. Stir in 3 cups of the flour, baking powder, and salt and blend well.
- Toss candied cherries, chopped pecans, candied pineapple, and white raisins with the remaining 1 cup flour. Stir fruit and nut mixture into the batter and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) for 3 hours. Let cake cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan.
- After cake is cold, cut a piece of waxed paper to fit the top of the cake. Put the apple slices on top of the waxed paper and put cake into a closed container. Store cake in a cool dry area for about 3 days or until the cake takes up the juice from the apple slices. Remove apple slice and waxed paper and serve.
Per Serving: 893 calories; 45.6 g fat; 117.9 g carbohydrates; 10.1 g protein; 132 mg cholesterol; 292 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I have made this for the last two years for Christmas and definetely plan on making it again this year. I would consider it a fruitcake; people who are not sure they like fruitcake love this. I ...
I made this cake for Christmas. My family said it was the best one I'd ever made. The only change I made was the 1lb pineapple was reduced to add some fruit peel (orange & lemon). Very good cake!