Ingredientsservings 512 cals
- Grease and flour bottom of two 9 inch round cake pans. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Melt 1/3 cup chocolate morsels. Combine melted butter or margarine with coconut, pecans, and 2/3 cup chocolate morsels; set aside.
- Cream butter or margarine in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add 1 1/2 cups sugar, and beat until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in melted chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add these dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk to the creamed mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Mix well after each addition. Pour batter into greased pans. Sprinkle with coconut mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool cake on wire racks.
- Beat cream with 2 tablespoons of sugar until stiff. Fill and frost cooled cake with whipped cream. Refrigerate after icing.
Per Serving: 512 calories; 30.6 g fat; 57.5 g carbohydrates; 5.8 g protein; 93 mg cholesterol; 455 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This is a great cake!!!!! I make it without the coconut as most of my family does not like it - I love coconut and would probably eat the whole cake if I made it with coconut. I use 1 pint of cr...
This was a good cake. The whipped cream (1 cup)was not enough for the whole cake, just middle and top. Also, I baked it for only 25 minutes at the specified temperature and it was done. T...