Mary Beth Guba
"Moist and good. No one will guess the secret ingredient."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 253 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (1 - 9x13 inch cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour one 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream 1/2 cup of the butter and all of the white sugar until light. Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one. Stir in 1 teaspoon of the vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda,1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and cocoa. Add to creamed mixture alternately with the water beating after each addition. Stir in the sauerkraut. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes. Let cake cool in pan and then frost with Sour Cream Chocolate Frosting.
- To Make Frosting: Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and the 4 tablespoons of butter. Blend in the sour cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon salt. Gradually add confectioner's sugar until frosting is of spreading consistency. Beat well. Spread onto cooled cake.
Per Serving: 253 calories; 9.9 g fat; 40.9 g carbohydrates; 2.8 g protein; 41 mg cholesterol; 237 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2