- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8 inch round cake pans.
- Sift cake flour and combine with baking powder, and salt. Set mixture aside.
- With and electric mixer, beat shortening, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to the shortening mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into flour mixture then fold in chopped candy bars. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Let cakes cool in pans for 10 minutes then remove from pans. Drizzle with melted caramel if desired.
Per Serving: 244 calories; 10.2 35.5 3 2 78 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This was a delicious and moist cake!! I put freshly whipped cream and caramel sauce in between the cakes and topped it off with more cream and caramel sauce after putting the cakes together. E...
Made this as my first scratch cake and took to work for a co-worker's birthday. Everyone wanted the recipe. Easy and out of this world.
The baking time on this is definately not accurate, 20 min was not enough, I was baking this for a Holloween party when I flipped the cakes out of the pan the whole middle fell out and was just ...