Ingredients2 h servings 3
- Preheat an oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C). Whisk the cocoa powder and artificial sweetener together in a small bowl; set aside. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy in a large mixing bowl. Add the vanilla, and beat until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites should form a sharp peak that holds its shape. Fold in the cocoa powder mixture until evenly blended. Drop tablespoon-sized dollops of meringue onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the macaroons are crisp and dry, about 1 hour. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cook's Note
- If crispier meringues are desired, turn off the oven after one hour and let the meringues sit another 10 minutes before removing them.
- Editor's Note
- Be sure to use a sucralose- or stevia-based artificial sweetener. Other sweeteners lose their sweetness when cooked.
Per Serving: 3 calories; 0 0.1 0.7 0 6 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Obviously, it's a meringue and not a macaroon recipe, but beyond that, it's pretty tasty! My husband is a type I diabetic with high cholesterol, and this is so low-carb he doesn't have to take e...
These aren't awful for sugar free cookie, but I can definitely taste the artificial sweetener in this. I had hoped to be able to pipe these like the ones I found in the store but it was too soft...
I just couldn't get this to work. I was using a different brand of sucralose, and a liquid one at that. It just wouldn't, wouldn't work. Cookies came out like lumps of styrofoam that crumbled in...