Martha's Magic Meat Rub Pork Roast
Ingredients4 h 30 m servings 281 cals
- Prepare the grill for indirect heat.
- In a bowl, mix the adobo seasoning, crushed red pepper, chili powder, celery salt, and black pepper. Rub the mixture evenly over all sides of the roast.
- Arrange the uncooked bacon strips horizontally on a flat surface, and top with 3 green onions. Place the roast on top of the bacon and green onions. Place 3 green onions on top of the roast. Carefully fold over roast, wrapping with the bacon strips and green onions, and secure with kitchen twine.
- Place a drip pan inside the grill, and lightly oil grill grate. Position the roast on the grill grate over the drip pan, and top with remaining green onions. Cover, and cook using indirect heat for 4 hours, to a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 281 calories; 16.8 g fat; 3.2 g carbohydrates; 28.4 g protein; 97 mg cholesterol; 615 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I couldn't find the adobo seasoning in the store so I used a recipe I found on the internet to make the adobo. I rubbed in the spices and let the roast sit in the frig for 2 days. I increased ...
This was the best pork roast ever! Omited celery salt and green onions, because I was out. Made adobo out of 4 cloves garlic, 1 tsp. dried oregano, 1 tsp. black peppercorns, 1/2 tsp. paprika, a...
Really good. I made an 8lb bone-i roast, and doubled the quantities here. Don't have a grill, so put it in the oven (covered with foil) at 350F for about 2.5 hours (til the internal temp was 1...
Made this for an 8 lb boston butt pork roast (doubled the quantities), and just laid regular onion slices and bacon over the top (didn't butterfly/tie up). Cooked it in a pyrex casserole dish i...
This is a great recipe, thank you for sharing! I use the rub part of it on any kind of meat, not just pork roast - steaks, lamb chops, etc. Rub the spice mix on the meat, marinate for a few hour...
This was very good. I just expected a little more out of it. The spices seemed as if they would really compliment the pork but when I pulled it out of the oven, all of the spice flavor was in ...
Absolutely perfect! This is my go to rub for pork, chicken breasts, and even venison. Can't go wrong with this mix.