Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 square cake)
- Squeeze the juice from the orange, and then remove the white from the peel. Place the peel, nuts and raisins in a food processor, and grind coarsely. Add the orange juice to the nut mixture.
- Cream the shortening and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat the egg, and add it to the creamed mixture.
- Sift together the flour, soda, baking powder, and spices. Add the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk to the creamed mixture. Stir in 3/4 of the nut mixture, and reserve the rest for the icing.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch square pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 1 hour. Cool.
- To Make Frosting: Blend the cream and vanilla with the confectioners' sugar in a small mixing bowl. Add the remaining nut mixture and the grated orange rind. Frost the cooled cake with this icing.
Per Serving: 464 calories; 16.7 76.5 5.3 23 199 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1