Pineapple Pudding Cake
"This recipe makes an excellent Birthday cake during those hot summer months!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 413 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 - 9 inch cake)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- Make pudding according to package directions using the milk. Set aside 2 tablespoons of pudding and place the rest in the refrigerator. When chilled, pull the pudding out of the refrigerator, and stir in the pineapple.
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar, continue to mix with an electric mixer on medium speed for 15 minutes. Stir in the reserved 2 tablespoons of vanilla pudding. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In another bowl, sift together cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with 1 cup milk, blending well after each addition. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly pressed. Set the pans on a wire rack to cool. Remove the layers from the pans.
- Once the cake layers have thoroughly cooled, spread the pudding mixture on top of one of the layers (spread mixture to desired thickness - there may be some left over). Place the second layer on top of the filling. Frost the cake with the whipped topping. Refrigerate the cake until serving time.
Per Serving: 413 calories; 15.6 g fat; 63.9 g carbohydrates; 5.6 g protein; 36 mg cholesterol; 455 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I found this not easy to make and mine came out kind of dry. All my friends seemed to like it, though.