Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 - 8x4 inch loaf pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the milk and the lemon juice or vinegar. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter or margarine and the sugar. Separate the eggs, keeping two of the whites and all of the yolks. Beat the egg yolks.
- Dissolve the cocoa in the hot water.
- Add the soured milk mixture, the yolks, the cocoa, and the vanilla to the creamed mixture. Add the flour and soda. Beat at a low speed for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Beat 2 of the egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold the beaten egg whites into the batter and pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 60 minutes.
Per Serving: 309 calories; 11.4 48.7 4.6 81 219 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2