- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sift together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt, and baking powder. Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Add the egg yolks to the flour mixture along with the apricot juice and vanilla and almond extracts. Beat on low speed of an electric mixer for about 1 minute.
- Wash beaters well before beating egg whites. In a glass or metal bowl (don't use plastic) beat the egg whites until fluffy. Gradually beat in 1/2 cup of the sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg yolk-flour mixture into the egg whites about 1/4 at time. Don't stir or cake will not be spongy. Gently turn batter into an ungreased tube pan.
- Bake for about 40 to 50 minutes. Immediately turn pan upside down and let cool. Once cake is cool remove it from the pan.
Per Serving: 145 calories; 1.9 28.7 3.3 66 126 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This recipe looks great - and I had already started on it when I noticed that we are told to sift together the flour, sugar, etc and then, later, are told to add 1/2c. sugar to the egg whites. T...
This was a nice spongecake but the almond extract overpowers the apricot flavor. I would probably add another 1/4 cup of apricot nectar to get more flavor. Also, with 5 eggs, there's a rather st...
I really like this cake, it was easy to make. I took the advice of Smooshcrickets and added the total of ½ cup of the apricot nectar. With 5 eggs it did have a strong egg taste. I make it for...
I thought this cake was pretty good. It had a nice spongey texture and a very good apricot flavor. I didn't think the cake tasted too eggy and I did do less on the almond extract. This cake a...