Marron Layer Cake
"A delectable combination of chestnuts, chocolate, and yellow layer cake that makes a great birthday surprise!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 285 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 - 9 inch round cake pans)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round layer cake pans.
- Beat eggs and white sugar together with an electric mixer. Add oil, wine, flour, salt, baking powder, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Pour batter into pans and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool cakes in pans for 10 minutes. Turn them out on wire rack and let cool for at least 2 to 3 hours before frosting.
- Using a cake slicer or a serrated knife cut each layer in half lengthwise. Arrange one layer on serving dish and spread with one third of the chestnut puree, top with second layer spread 1/3 of chestnut puree on top, top with third layer and spread remaining chestnut puree. Arrange last layer on top and set cake aside.
- To Make Icing: Melt butter and chocolate together in the top part of a double boiler. Once melted remove from heat and whisk in cream, confectioners' sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour warm chocolate icing over top of cake and garnish with whole candied chestnuts.
Per Serving: 285 calories; 14.3 g fat; 35.5 g carbohydrates; 2.9 g protein; 39 mg cholesterol; 103 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1