The Easiest Chocolate Cake
"This recipe makes an orange-accented chocolate cake with a coffee-flavored glaze"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 18 servings (1 - 12 x 13 inch cake)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 x 13 inch cake pan.
- Whip the sugar, eggs, baking powder, and the vanilla sugar. (To make Vanilla Sugar: Place one clean vanilla bean in a pint jar with 1 - 1 1/2 cups white sugar. Shake occasionally. After a few days, use the sugar and replenish as necessary.) Add the shortening and mix well.
- Stir in the flour, the cocoa powder, and the orange juice and mix until homogeneous. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake cake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for about 40 minutes. Remove cake from oven and immediately spread coffee glaze over top.
- To Make Glaze: Five minutes before cake is done, mix together confectioners' sugar, Nescafe powder, and milk. Use immediately to spread over hot cake.
You might also like
Per Serving: 309 calories; 12.5 46.8 3.4 31 47 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1