Cherry Ripple Rose Cake
"A cake treat that is sure to melt in your mouth with the delicious taste of cherries and a hint of almonds."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 24 servings (1 - 10x15 inch jelly roll cake)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan.
- In a small bowl, combine pie filling, almonds and almond extract and set aside. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well each time. Add flour mixture, alternating with milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Spoon 1/2 of batter into a greased 10x15 inch jellyroll pan. Spread cherry mixture over batter, then spoon remaining batter over cherries.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 45 minutes or until light brown. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- To Make Icing: Blend softened butter or margarine, confectioners' sugar, and almond extract with enough milk for drizzling consistency and drizzle over cake.
You might also like
Per Serving: 250 calories; 9.9 37.5 3.5 45 230 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Delicious! I added twice the amount of cherry filling.Cutting the dessert into 30 pieces, still gives you a nice serving size.