Ingredients40 m servings 449
- Place eggs in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover, and bring a boil. Remove from heat, cover, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel, and chop.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion and zucchini until tender. Mix in the tofu, and continue to cook and stir until browned on all sides.
- With a mortar and pestle, grind the garlic and Thai chiles into a fine paste. Mix with the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, and salt.
- Bring 1 quart water to boil in a pot. Turn off heat, and soak the cellophane noodles in the hot water 1 minute, or until soft.
- In a large bowl, toss together the eggs, tofu mixture, garlic and chile paste, noodles, and lettuce.
Per Serving: 449 calories; 13.6 67.5 18.3 186 1125 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I'm sorry to say that this didn't turn out really well. There were WAY too many noodles, and it was just too gelatinous and globby. I added more spices and even soy sauce to try and salvage it...
I have no idea what the other reviewer did wrong. This was a fabulous salad. The only change I made was to swap out the zucchini with cucumber and the tofu with real shrimp. I'm just not partial...
I believe the instructions regarding cellophane noodles (glass noodles, mung-bean noodles) need to be more explicit in this recipe for "Spicy Asian Cellophane Noodle Salad." There are different ...