Mocha Blanca Cheesecake
Ingredients5 h 45 m servings 829
- To make the crust, combine vanilla wafer crumbs, 2 tablespoons melted butter, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 1 tablespoon cocoa; toss with a fork to mix. Press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Wrap the pan bottom in aluminum foil. Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a kettle of water to a boil.
- Grate or finely chop the semisweet chocolate and put it into the top of a double boiler. Place over hot water. When almost melted, remove from heat and stir until completely melted. (Chocolate can also be melted in a microwave in 30-second increments, stirring frequently.) Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese and 1 cup sugar; mix with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Dissolve coffee powder in 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur. Add the coffee mixture and the cooled melted chocolate to the cream cheese batter; mix until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing just until incorporated. Pour the filling into the prepared crust; tap the pan on the countertop to smooth the surface and settle the batter.
- Place springform pan in a large baking dish. Place baking dish on oven rack; carefully pour boiling water into the baking pan until it comes halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and remove the springform pan from the water bath; discard any remaining water.
- For the topping, stir together the sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon coffee liqueur and 1 teaspoon of cocoa. Spread over the top of the hot cheesecake. Return cheesecake to the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Per Serving: 829 calories; 60 60.7 14.8 238 476 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
This is awesome cheesecake!! The best cheesecake I've ever made-and I've made a few. It will defintely be made many more times. Tip for those lactose intolerant. I replaced the cream cheese w/...
I loved the taste of this cheesecake. Not so chocolately that you can't eat a piece, moist and creamy. I think I will make the crust half again as large as I like a thicker crust on cheesecake...
I made some revisions to this receipe. I used a regular graham cracker crust. However this cheesecake was a hit. I made a total of 3 different kinds of cheesecake for a family event and this i...
This is a fabulous recipe! The cheesecake turned out beautifully and I was so proud of myself, being my first attempt at making a cheesecake. Our guests were very impressed and some even stopp...
This was totally easy to make and absolutely delicious. Before serving, I grated a dark chocolate espresso bar over the top with a microplane grater to conceal any imperfections, and then I add...
My first ever cheesecake and it came out great. I skipped the topping. Next time I will drizzle some chocolate over the top and I would double the crust (might also be good with a graham crack...
I changed a lot in this recipe, but what I made was amazing! I split the cream cheese mixture into two and added coffee to one and the chocolate to the other to give the cheesecake a layered loo...