Ingredients1 h 1 m servings 145 cals
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 1 1/3 cups of sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one. Stir in the rum, pineapple juice and coconut extract until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into the batter. Stir in the pistachio nuts, pineapple and coconut until evenly distributed. Cover and refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two cookie sheets.
- Divide the dough into four equal parts. Form each piece of dough into a 12 inch long log shape on a lightly floured surface. Place two logs onto each cookie sheet, and pat down until they are about 3 inches wide. There should be at least 2 inches of space between each log.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm but not crisp. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Place the biscotti bars on a cutting board, and use a serrated knife to cut into 3/4 inch wide diagonal slices. Return the slices to the baking sheets cut side down. Return to the oven. Bake for 8 minutes, then turn the cookies over, and bake for an additional 8 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Cool completely, then store in an airtight container.
Per Serving: 145 calories; 6.5 g fat; 19.4 g carbohydrates; 2.5 g protein; 25 mg cholesterol; 88 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 23
I made these for a luau themed party at work. I almost didn't take them b/c I was afraid too many people wouldn't like the pineapple or coconut but then figured oh well I made them so take them ...
I made these yesterday, with a few changes. Brandy for rum, lime juice for pineapple, vanilla for coconut extract, walnuts for pistachios, and 1 c. coconut instead of dried pineapple. I know tha...
These turned out so good! I will be adding these to my Christmas cookie goodie bags that I make a gifts. Thanks for the great recipe!
Great texture and great taste! It is a change of pace without being too strange for most people to enjoy. The chewy pineapple pieces really add to the texture. I found that both oiling and fl...
Mostly followed the recipe. Substituted vanilla for coconut extract, left out the salt because I used salted, roasted pistachios which I left whole and used coconut rum instead of just plain ru...
This was my first time making biscotti, and they came out great! I love pina colada, and pistachio nuts are my favourite, so I thought the combination would rock. It did! Next time, I will doubl...
I made these as party favors for guests at my mom's 60th birthday. Personally, I thought it was good, not great, but seriously, I got asked for the recipe no fewer than 12 times that evening! Ev...
Perfect Biscotti! So flavorful, I messed around alot with this but still followed the directions and they were a hit. I threw in cranberries, coconut, anise seeds & salted peanuts! (maybe unsalt...