Pasta and Fresh Cilantro Crunchy Stuff
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 733 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a blender or food processor, puree the cilantro, basil, and 3 cloves of garlic until minced very fine. Thoroughly combine the herb mixture in a large bowl with the Parmesan, and 1/4 cup of olive oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Pack the mixture firmly, about 1 inch thick, into a medium-sized, glass baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until the top is lightly browned and crispy, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from oven, stir well, and return to the oven for an additional 5 to 7 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven, break apart with a spoon, and allow to cool.
- While the crunchy stuff is baking, heat olive oil in a large pan over low heat. Lightly brown 2 tablespoons of garlic, stir in the mushrooms, and cook until softened. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, and Alfredo sauce; cook to warm.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. To serve, toss pasta in sauce, and sprinkle with crunchy stuff!
Per Serving: 733 calories; 45.4 g fat; 53.1 g carbohydrates; 31.9 g protein; 72 mg cholesterol; 1617 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This recipe tasted great! The only problem I had was with getting the "crunchy" stuff to be crunchy...I baked it in a glass baking dish first and then moved it into a bigger shallower dish and ...