Strawberry Banana Torte
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 506 cals
- Slice the angel food cake horizontally into 3 layers using a long serrated knife.
- Whip cream with cornstarch in a large bowl until stiff, but not grainy. In a separate bowl, crush about 1/2 cup of the strawberries. Stir in sugar and sour cream. Mix in red food coloring if desired. Gently fold the strawberry mixture into the whipped cream. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Set aside 6 or 8 nice-looking whole strawberries to use for garnish. Remove stems from remaining berries, and slice.
- Place the bottom slice of angel food cake onto a serving plate. Top with a layer of sliced strawberries and bananas. Spread a layer of the whipped cream over the fruit. Top with the center layer of the cake, and repeat the fruit and cream layers. Place the top layer of the cake on top.
- Frost the top and sides of the cake with the remaining whipped cream mixture. Arrange whole strawberries on top for garnish. Refrigerate before serving.
Per Serving: 506 calories; 28.9 g fat; 60.2 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 94 mg cholesterol; 354 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
For a lower fat version of this recipe, substitute frozen whipped topping (like cool whip) for the whipped cream, but don’t use fat free (frozen topping or sour cream), it won’t set up. Make sur...
I liked the taste of this dessert, but the presentation was awful! The cake sort of melted and slid into a messy, un-attractive blob. I would suggest cutting the cake into serving slices, THEN t...