Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 218 cals
- In a large bowl combine Herman Sweet Sourdough Starter, flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and eggs until well blended.
- Knead dough in bowl for 5 to 7 minutes, or until mixture is smooth.
- Let rise in warm place until doubled. Punch down. On a lightly floured surface, press dough into a 10 x 20 inch rectangle. Combine melted margarine, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Spread mixture over dough. Sprinkle with walnuts or raisins, if desired.
- Starting on long side, roll up dough, jellyroll fashion. Press ends together to make a seam. Cut in 1-inch slices and place in an ungreased, 11x14 inch cake pan. Allow rolls rise to double their size.
- Bake in a preheated 325 F oven (165 degree C) for 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Get the recipe for Herman Sourdough Starter
Per Serving: 218 calories; 7.5 g fat; 34.4 g carbohydrates; 3.7 g protein; 25 mg cholesterol; 297 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 17
These are wonderful! A friend had passed on some starter for Amish Friendship bread, but I didn't feel like making the bread. I am glad I chose this recipe instead. I topped it with cream cheese...
I think it is hard to find good old fashion recipes any more they all seem to use the same thing bread machine's or fast bread dough. I personally still love the good old fashion way of making t...
These were quite yummy! I used my own starter. I also didn't use the raisins, and added a bit of lemon zest to the filling. They were tangy, but didn't quite have the 'sour' that I would have...
wonderfully sweet that satifies my sweet tooth, easy to make but stater takes too long to mature. On the other hand once you have starter you will never run out.
not bad, alittle dense though. I think next time I make this recipe I will add that last cup of flour at the end if it's all needed. And also let the 2nd rise take place overnight. Thanks for...
This was a great option for using some of my Amish Friendship starter. The dough seemed to take a really long time to rise, but I'm sure that was because my kitchen wasn't all that warm. Turned ...
These are the best ever. I subbed brown sugar for white,added crushed pecans-no raisins before rolling up the dough with the butter and sugar, and added white cream cheese frosting which is as f...