Ingredients40 m servings 198 cals
- Preheat oven 350 F (175 degrees C). Line a 12-cup-muffin-pan with paper baking cups.
- Cream 1/4 cup butter or margarine and white sugar together until pale yellow and fluffy. Gradually add small amounts of beaten egg, beating continuously. In a small bowl, combine cocoa powder and hot water. Stir cocoa mixture into batter. Fold in flour using figure eight movement. If the mixture is too stiff, batter should slowly drop off spoon when lifted from bowl, add a small amount of water. Divide mixture into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until well risen and firm to touch. Allow to cool.
- Cream 1/4 cup butter or margarine until soft. Gradually add sifted confectioners sugar and vanilla extract. Mix cream filling until smooth.
- Cut circles from tops of muffins, and halve these to resemble butterfly wings. Put a small amount of cherry jam in the cut out hole, and cover with a teaspoon of cream filling. Place the wing shapes into the cream filling curved side down.
Per Serving: 198 calories; 8.3 g fat; 30.3 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 16 mg cholesterol; 227 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This is delish! My mum said that it tasted like a chocolate sponge cake. however, we both agree that it's a tad too sweet, as there was this sweet aftertaste. the next time I make this, I'll red...
These are so cute to look at! I made them in my mini muffin pan to make bite sized butterflies ;). This cake is so light with lovely strong chocolate taste, which hit me at the very end. Since I...
Pet's liquid measuring tools must be larger than what they say, because this whole thing is too dry. The cocoa water mix was too dry to actually mix, needed at LEAST twice as much water for that...
Lemon Poppyseed Sugarfree Muffin Tops By Wilton Muffin Top Pan Manufacturer at my apartment. :)