Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 385 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Beat cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, and 1 egg together well. Set aside.
- Beat remaining 2 eggs in mixing bowl until frothy. Mix in oil, milk, and lemon rind.
- In another bowl measure in flour, 1/3 cup sugar, brown sugar, soda, salt, walnuts. Stir to mix well. Pour all at once into mixing bowl. Stir with milk batter until moistened. Spoon 1/2 batter into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Spoon on cheese mixture. Cover with remaining batter by dropping small spoonfuls here and there.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour until it tests done. Cool 15 minutes in pan before turning out very carefully to rack.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 385 calories; 23.8 g fat; 37.4 g carbohydrates; 7.3 g protein; 68 mg cholesterol; 379 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Although this recipe wasn't rated by anyone else, I decided to give it a try because it sounded so good....well...I wasn't dissappointed!!! This was very good and looks so pretty too!! I hope ...
First of all, the directions for this are off. The ingredient list has 1 cup of white sugar (total) & the directions only call for 2/3 cup total. I didn't know what to do, so I added 2/3 c. suga...
I thought the dough was too thick, so I even rechecked the ingredients to see if I'd missed some of the liquid, but I hadn't. In the end, the bread loaf was good, not incredible, but good as wel...
The overall presentation and flavor of this scrumptious loaf is wonderfully delicious. I will definitely make it again!
I made it as written. It did brown early in my convection oven so I put foil over it and turned it down to 325 to finish, at about 50 minutes total. It is sweet enough for me, I love sweet. It i...
Wow, oh wow! I lost the Muffins and More book this came from and have been looking for it forever. This is just a fantastic quick bread.