Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 301 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 medium sized muffins)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees C (190 degrees F). Grease or spray with non-stick cooking spray 12 muffin tins.
- Separate the eggs. Lightly beat the egg yolks. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Cream the sugar with the butter until light and fluffy. Add the beaten egg yolks and sherry. Gently fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Sift the flour with the nutmeg and gently stir into the egg mixture until smooth. Stir in the currants. Pour the batter into the prepared tin.
- Bake in preheated oven until the tops are golden brown and a tester inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
Per Serving: 301 calories; 17.2 g fat; 34.5 g carbohydrates; 3.8 g protein; 103 mg cholesterol; 163 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I have to be honest and say that this recipe did not meet my expectations. I feel the sherry flavor is too over- powerering. The currants all sunk to the bottom of all of my muffins. These ...