Polynesian Sunshine Pie - not this one
made it | 0 reviews |
Dole Food Company
"This tropical delight layers pineapple and pound cake in a pie shell, and is then topped off with toasted coconut whipped cream and fruit glaze."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients15 m servings 299 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Spread coconut on sheet pan. Toast in 300 degree F oven until golden brown; 8 to 10 minutes. Watch closely so it doesn't burn. Set aside.
- Combine reserved syrups and nectar in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil 8 to 10 minutes until reduced by half. Set aside; let cool
- Spread 1/2 cup pineapple in bottom of pie shell. Place one layer cake slices over pineapple; cutting slices to fill spaces. Poke holes in cake slices. Brush cake with reduced fruit syrup. Spread 1/4 cup pineapple over cake layer.
- Pour cream into 5-quart mixing bowl. Begin whipping; gradually add pudding mix. Whip until mixture becomes stiff. Fold in one half toasted coconut with rubber spatula. Spoon mixture into pie shell spreading evenly to edge.
- Spoon a ring of pineapple 1-inch from edge of pie crust. Working towards center, spoon a ring of Tropical Fruit Salad then Mandarin Oranges. Fill the center with remaining pineapple; mounding slightly in center.
- Melt jam in small saucepan over low heat until smooth. Brush top of pie with glaze. Fill in outer 1-inch of pie with toasted coconut. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Per Serving: 299 calories; 16 g fat; 39 g carbohydrates; 2.5 g protein; 68 mg cholesterol; 148 mg sodium. Full nutrition