Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 186 cals
Original recipe yields 30 servings (2 1/2 dozen bars)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish with shortening.
- For cookie base, combine shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and water in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in 1/3 cup JIF(R)Peanut Butter and vanilla.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Beat until well blended. Spread in greased baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light brown and center is just set. Do not over-bake. Remove pan and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand 5 minutes or until chips become shiny and soft. Spread to cover. Cool slightly. Cut into bars about 2x13/4-inches. Cool completely.
- For drizzle and topping, combine confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons JIF(R)Peanut Butter and evaporated milk. Stir until well blended. Drizzle over chocolate. Sprinkle with toffee bits, if desired.
Per Serving: 186 calories; 10.2 g fat; 22.1 g carbohydrates; 2.3 g protein; 13 mg cholesterol; 103 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is a family favorite for over 30 years. It is so quick and easy to make. Instead of using the evaporated milk, I just use regular milk because I have it in the house. Also we do not add ...