Chinese Almond Chicken
Ingredients35 m servings 522 cals
- Mix the soy sauce, salt, cornstarch, and sherry in a large bowl. Stir in chicken; cover and refrigerate.
- Heat 1 1/2 cups of the peanut oil in a large, deep skillet. Fry almonds in the oil until golden, about 1 minute. Drain fried almonds on a paper towel.
- Drain all but 3 tablespoons of oil from the skillet. Stir in the mushrooms, bamboo shoots, celery, onion, and water chestnuts. Cook and stir vegetables for 1 minute. Remove from skillet.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in the skillet. Cook and stir the marinated chicken in hot oil until no longer pink in the center, and the juices run clear, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in cooked vegetables, chicken stock, and reserved soy sauce mixture; simmer until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in fried almonds before serving.
- Cook's Note
- For quicker prep, use skinless, boneless chicken breasts. Try using walnuts instead of almonds for a nice change.
Per Serving: 522 calories; 38.6 g fat; 6.9 g carbohydrates; 35.8 g protein; 100 mg cholesterol; 847 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I am always in search of a good recipe for Chinese food, but this one is disappointing. It totally lacks flavor, and the proportions aren't right. It needs less chicken, less oil, and more veg...
I think this is a great recipe! We get so used to the artificial, additive/preservative-laden junk served in restaurants that we forget what real, fresh food tastes like! The second time I made ...
I was very disappointed in this receipe. The only change I made was no sherry because I did not have any. I used chicken broth. The receipe says to also use the soya sauce at the end, yet there...
I LOVE this recipe!! It is simple and tasty. I didn't have enough peanut oil so I combined vegetable oil with peanut oil, but that didn't matter. My dad is my biggest culinary critic, and he sai...