Ingredients35 m servings 393 cals
- Place the peppers on a plate, and cook in the microwave for about 5 minutes, until just pliable. Do not peel. Set aside to cool.
- Place the potatoes and onion into a large glass or ceramic dish, and add a few tablespoons of water. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap, and cook in the microwave until the potatoes are beginning to soften and the onions are transparent, 8 to 10 minutes. Uncover, and stir. Set aside to cool slightly while you start the sauce.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the tomatoes and peanut butter. Process until smooth, then pour into a saucepan. Stir in the garlic, cumin and oregano. Warm over low heat, and cover with a lid to avoid spattering. Cook for about 15 minutes to blend the flavors together.
- Preheat a grill for medium-high heat. Mix the cheese into the potatoes and onions. Slit the peppers down one side, and fill with the potato mixture. I like to leave the seeds in because the peppers have more flavor that way, but you can take them out if you like. Brush the peppers with olive oil.
- Grill peppers for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the outsides are slightly charred. Cut in half to serve, and spoon the sauce over them.
Per Serving: 393 calories; 19.9 g fat; 45 g carbohydrates; 13.7 g protein; 13 mg cholesterol; 302 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I havne't tries this actual recipe yet, but I thought I'd inject a warning! It says this isn't hot without adding more peppers, but my experience with poblanos is that sometimes they are very m...
Easy to put together and the sauce was absolutely excellent. Overall, it was good, but I think the potatoes gave it a bit more of an Italian-type stuffed peppers taste, though I did use poblano...
The flavor of this dish was amazing - my husband just loved it. But, as the other reviewer said - some poblanos are very hot, as mine were. Also, it wasn't clear in the directions, the peppers...
I was skeptical of what the sauce would taste like, but based on another positive review, I decided to try it anyway. It wasn't terrible, but it was definitely not something I'll ever repeat--v...