Ingredientsservings 374 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Sift together flour, cocoa, and baking powder.
- Soak chopped apricots in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes. Drain, and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix almond paste and sugar with an electric mixer until the mixture looks sandy. Beat in eggs one at a time; beat for 2 minutes after each addition. Continue beating for about 10 minutes; mixture should look thick and creamy.
- Mix in milk, and then flour mixture. Mix only to combine the dry with the wet ingredients. Do not overbeat. Fold in apricots, chocolate, crystallized ginger, and melted butter. Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour, until done. Cool for 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan, and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Per Serving: 374 calories; 19.8 g fat; 46 g carbohydrates; 6.4 g protein; 94 mg cholesterol; 57 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Though I like this cake, I give it a four because despite the ingredients, it was not very flavourful unless you aged it. For the first few days of the life of this cake, it was quite unexceptio...
This is my grandmother's cake. Very moist, and delicious - I think this cake cake appeals to grownups more than to children. There are a lot of flavors here, and my children have more simple tas...
Great cake - dense and moist and yummy. The apricot and ginger taste fabulous. We're planning to make this for our wedding cake!
This cake looks very good I will definately try this and the spice comes from the ginger.
What a remarkable idea! It might be called "Chocolate Trail Mix Cake." :-) I cannot wait to try it, and after that I might go back and raise the rating to a five. (I give recipes a four just...
This chocolate cake is divine. It really does have chunks of dark chocolate and apricots like it says in the description! It was a little difficult to blend in the marzipan at the beginning and ...