Ingredients10 h 15 m servings 375
- Crumble the compressed yeast into a small bowl, and mix in 2 teaspoons of sugar. Set aside. In a small saucepan, heat milk until a skin forms on the top. Remove from heat, and set aside to cool slightly.
- Place 1 cup of butter and remaining 1/2 cup of sugar into a large bowl. Pour the hot milk over them, and stir until butter is melted. Let the mixture cool to just above body temperature. Beat in the eggs, one at a time mixing well after each one, then stir in the yeast mixture. Add 3 cups of flour, and mix until well blended. Gradually mix in the remaining flour, mixing as well as you can. The dough will be sticky. Cover the bowl with a towel, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- After the dough has risen, punch down, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Divide the dough into four pieces. Use one piece at a time, leaving the rest in the refrigerator. On a lightly floured surface, roll the piece of dough out into a 12 inch circle. Spread about 2 tablespoons of butter over the surface. Cut into 8 wedges, as you would a pizza. Roll each wedge starting at the wide end, and ending at the point. Place onto a lightly greased cookie sheet, and bend the ends so that they are crescent shaped. Cover with a towel, and let rise in a warm place until doubled. This will take about 2 hours because the dough is cold.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden.
Per Serving: 375 calories; 19.4 42.3 7.8 82 292 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
This recipe is very easy. The texture of the rolls was great. This is my first time trying a 'refrigerator dough', and I was very pleased with the results. I used instant yeast instead of the...
Very good. I used 2 1/4 teaspoons of regular yeast instead of fresh yeast. Lightly sweet buttery rolls. I love that it is so easy and quick to put together. I still have enough for one more batc...
Added a little wheat and was surprised how light these rolls still were. I made a half batch and used half of that for cinnamon rolls which were great. Thanks for recipe, someone had given me ...
This is my new go to recipe! So easy and the rolls are so light and fluffly. I make cinnamon rolls with the dough or mix garlic and italian seasoning with the butter that's spread before they're...
I made these with my 7 yr. old grandchild. They were easy to do and she was able to do a lot. It made 32 large rolls.
I made a video doing the recipe and its on youtube! I love this recipe easy and delicius! Here is the link: https://youtu.be/AA0VWZsJp_c