Chocolate Mayan Jungle Bird
Ingredients7 h 40 m servings
- In a large bowl, mix together sweetened condensed milk, and 2 tablespoon chicken granules. Place chicken breasts in bowl, and turn to coat all sides of the chicken. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 5 to 6 hours; overnight is best.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a roasting pan, heat 4 tablespoons of the oil on the stove top over medium-high heat. Cook onion, carrot, celery, chile pepper, garlic, and shallot with rosemary, thyme, bay leaves, juniper berries, peppercorns, cloves and cinnamon stick in oil until vegetables are evenly browned. Stir in 1 cup wine, cover, and cook in the preheated oven for 25 minutes; gradually add remaining wine to the pan during this time. Stir in chicken stock, and continue cooking for 1 hour.
- Strain contents of roasting pan into a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat to reduce sauce. Melt chocolate in the sauce, stirring until smooth.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining two tablespoons of oil. Season chicken with remaining chicken granules, covering both sides generously. Cook in hot oil until evenly browned and cooked through. Pour sauce over chicken, and heat through.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cooking method, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
While this wasn't the best chicken dinner I've ever had, I had to rate it a 5 for being delicious and creative! I would have never in a million years considered putting chocolate on chicken, bu...
Delicious! Even my finicky 8 year old loved it. I used a whole fryer to make this recipe, had to cook the chicken in 2 batches. Served it with frijoles and gorditas. Great recipe!