Ingredients8 h 15 m servings 43 cals
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Combine egg whites, cream of tartar, salt, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and green food coloring in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat until soft peaks form.
- Beat sugar into egg whites one tablespoon at a time. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form, and mixture is glossy and very smooth, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drop the meringue by half teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheet; top with chocolate kisses. Spoon a scant teaspoon of meringue over chocolate, and smooth to cover completely.
- Place cookies in the preheated oven; turn oven off. Leave meringues in oven overnight, or until oven has cooled completely.
Per Serving: 43 calories; 1.5 g fat; 7.3 g carbohydrates; 0.6 g protein; 1 mg cholesterol; 17 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I have made these cookies for manyyears for the holiday season. Always have been asked if i was going to amke them thisyear. I call them Angel Cookies Make them bite size.
These did not look as good as expected. They were chewey and did not taste good.