Date and Orange Slice Bars
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 271
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 bar cookies)
- In a saucepan combine the dates, 1/2 cup of sugar, 2 tablespoons of flour, and water. Bring to a boil, and cook until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the shortening and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve the baking soda in hot water, then stir into the creamed mixture. Combine 1 3/4 cups of flour and salt; stir into the batter just until blended.
- Spread half of the batter in the bottom of the prepared pan. Cover with a layer of orange slice candy, then spread the date mixture over the orange candy. Cover with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Cool, and cut into bars.
You might also like
Per Serving: 271 calories; 7 51.9 1.8 16 96 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I found the candy layer very unappealing...the bar had a strange mix of textures to me.....