Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 232
Original recipe yields 16 servings (4 pounds sausage)
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, pork sausage, curing salt, liquid smoke, garlic powder, peppercorns, paprika, sage, and onion flakes until well blended. Cover, and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C).
- Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal pieces, and form each piece into an 8 inch long log. Place each log onto a piece of netting, and roll tightly. Twist the ends and tie with string, or fold under. Place sausage rolls on a broiling pan with a rack.
- Bake for 5 1/2 to 6 hours in the preheated oven. The internal temperature of the sausage should be 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Remove and cool. Remove nylon net, and wrap sausage in foil. Refrigerate overnight before slicing. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for up to 2 months.
You might also like
- Use all ground beef, and leave out the paprika, sage and onion flakes for a milder sausage. This variation may be cooked for 3 /2 to 4 hours.
Per Serving: 232 calories; 16.7 1 18.2 68 2071 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1