Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 1102
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, eggs and water. Stir until dough has pulled together, then turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. If it sticks, add a little oil to your hands. Cover with plastic wrap, and set aside in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until bacon starts to brown. Stir in chopped onion, and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir in sauerkraut, chopped apple, water, bouillon cube, salt and pepper. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- Divide the dough into 2 portions. Lightly oil your work surface, and roll out the dough into thin sheets about 8 by 16 inches. Pour liquid from sauerkraut into a 9x13 inch baking dish, and spread bits of butter into it. Spread kraut mixture evenly over the sheets of dough. Roll sheets up widthwise. Cut slices about 2 inches wide, and place them flat and close together in the baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until dough is lightly browned, and liquid has evaporated.
Per Serving: 1102 calories; 57.3 113.6 31.9 176 5021 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I loved the taste of these, but the dough was a little tricky. Maybe I didn't make it correctly. It was a little hard on the outside of the roll-ups. I wonder what could make is softer? Basting ...
These were delicious! I made them for a World Cup party where everyone had a different Country. I did modify them a bit based on other suggestions. First, the dough was really dry with the am...
The filling was absolutely delicious, but the dough was very hard. I tried putting a foil sheet over them during baking to make them softer, but to no luck. However, the leftover dough fried u...
This is based on the changes I made, so take it with a grain of salt. Based on the reviewers comments, I halved the filling, but only reduced dough by 1/3 (so 3 C flour, 1.5 tsp salt, 2 eggs). I...
Made this for our New Year pork and kraut dinner. Everyone liked it and want to have it again. Like many others stated the dough was hard. I had a very hard time rolling the dough out thin eno...