Peanut Butter-Chili Chicken
Ingredients1 h servings 776 cals
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken.
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet or 4-quart Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Cook chicken in oil about 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides. Cover and cook over low heat about 20 minutes or until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Remove chicken from skillet using tongs.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon drippings from skillet. Heat 1 tablespoon drippings over medium heat.
- Cook onion in drippings, stirring occasionally, until tender; reduce heat. Stir in peanut butter, chili sauce and ground red pepper. Gradually stir in water, stirring constantly, until peanut butter is melted. Add chicken. Spoon peanut butter sauce over chicken.
- Simmer uncovered about 5 minutes, spooning sauce frequently over chicken, until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with peanuts and bell pepper. Serve with pasta.
- Betty's Tips
- Chunky or smooth? Use the peanut butter you like best; either will give the sauce a fantastic flavor.
- Cut leftover chicken--if there is any--into small pieces and add to a stir-fry for extra kick.
- ®Reg. T.M. of General Mills, Inc. or its affiliates
Per Serving: 776 calories; 50.1 g fat; 29.6 g carbohydrates; 51.8 g protein; 170 mg cholesterol; 794 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I used grilled chicken breasts instead. When I make the sauce I add 1/4-1/2 tsp. coconut extract and extra cayenne pepper(lots), then spoon the sauce over the chicken. If you happen to have co...
We love spicy, sweet chicken, and this is the best! If you've never tried it, don't be nervous about mixing peanut butter and chicken, you might be surprised how well the flavors blend together...
Terrific! I make something similar to this using salsa. Very good too, but I think I like the chili sauce better. Thanks!