Ingredients55 m servings 308 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Mix 1/3 cup brown sugar with water and lemon juice together in an ungreased baking dish until sugar is dissolved. Arrange pear halves, core side down, in the dish, and baste with the sauce. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake pears in the preheated oven for 20 - 25 minutes, or until fork-tender but not mushy.
- Meanwhile, mix nuts together with the remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons brandy, and the yogurt; set aside. In a separate bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form. Sprinkle in white sugar and remaining 2 teaspoons of brandy, or liqueur of choice, and gently whip a few strokes more.
- To serve, place one pear half in the center of each serving plate and fill core cavity with nut stuffing. Top with whipped cream. Serve warm.
Per Serving: 308 calories; 18.5 g fat; 32.8 g carbohydrates; 2.2 g protein; 54 mg cholesterol; 22 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Yummy. However, one ground-up stick of cinnamon in that water-brown-sugar-lemon mix makes it even more unholy. I also served it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and ignored the whipped cream co...
Wow. Really nice! I tried both green and red pears (don't know their proper names). The green were a bit better---softer skin, I think. My teenaged boys gobbled them right up!
I made this pretty much as written except for using vanilla yogurt. Also after baking for 25 min. I turned the pears and filled the core with the nut stuffing and baked for additional 5 minute...
Excellent! I did add a pinch of cinnamon to the sauce and bake them for 20 minutes then turn over and put the filling in and bake another 5 minutes per others suggestion. Served with plain whip...
I baked for the recommended time, and thought it needed at least five more minutes. I added cinnamon to both sauces, but overall the taste was wonderful. Vanilla ice cream works just fine. Would...
This was easy and good, not too heavy after a big dinner. We loved it. I tried to follow the recipe exactly, but turns out we didn't have the yogurt and I substituted sour cream, which was fin...
Sooo delicious and light!! I followed the recipe as stated, except I followed GotRecipe?'s suggestion of baking 25 mins, then adding walnut mixture and baking another 5... I also didn't make the...