- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan with parchment paper. Sift together the cocoa, flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whip the egg yolks and half of the sugar with an electric mixer until thick and pale. Set aside. In a separate larger bowl, combine the egg whites and vanilla. Whip with clean beaters until foamy. Gradually sprinkle in the remaining sugar while continuing to whip until stiff but not blocky. Fold the yolks into the whites by hand, then fold in the dry ingredients. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cake springs back when lightly pressed. Try not to let it bake too long or it will be difficult to roll. When the cake is done, run a knife around the edge to loosen and turn out onto a sheet of parchment paper or aluminum foil. Sprinkle confectioners' sugar on both sides and allow to cool.
- Spread whipped cream on one side and place the bananas along the length. Roll the cake up around the bananas. Place on a serving platter with the seam side down. Frost with chocolate frosting.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 708 calories; 25.5 119.1 9.2 178 430 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This was a rather tasty cake however you need to turn the cake out on a sugar spinkled towel and roll it up while still hot and let it cool that way. Otherwise you will not be able to roll it an...
This recipe could be so simple that it's great however the one thing missing from it is a proper baking time. I baked this in my oven which I admit runs hot for 13 minutes. I removed what I thou...
I made this roll after making pumpkin rolls and I am glad I knew how to roll in a towel and let cool for 15 mins before filling with whipped cream no bananas I topped it with hershey syrup . It ...
Rolled in a towel as stated in other reviews. Used lightly sweetened whip cream inside and out. Also some thinly sliced bananas inside and on top.Dusted with milk chocolate.