Ingredients1 d 6 h 20 m servings 487
- Trim the excess fat from the brisket. Poke a lot of holes all over brisket with a skewer. Briskets are usually long, so cut meat in half so that it will fit into a large, resealable bag with the marinade.
- In a blender, combine garlic, cilantro, and vinegar. Blend until smooth. Pour marinade into resealable bag with the meat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Shake flour into largest-size oven cooking bag. Place brisket into bag. Close bag and pierce as instructed on package. Layer the onions on top of the brisket, inside of the bag. Place on baking pan in the center of the oven.
- Bake in preheated oven until tender, about 6 hours. Slice thinly across the grain to serve.
- Editor's Note:
- Use heavy-duty foil to wrap the brisket if you don't have an oven bag. Place foil-wrapped brisket on a rimmed baking sheet to catch drips.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 487 calories; 40.2 3.4 26.1 110 100 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
The marinade makes the flavor a little tangy but enjoyable. The 3 onions are a bit much and take away from the aroma while cooking. I used 1 and a 1/2 onions and the aroma was very pleasant wh...
The flavor was really good (marinated the brisket for about 36 hrs) but the meat itself was really tough and stringy. I've never used baking bags before so I didn't know what to expect. I might ...