Sauteed Red Snapper with Ragout of Black Beans and a Lemon Cilantro Sauce
Canned Food Alliance
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 923 cals
- For Ragout: In medium saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Cook and stir shallot and garlic 2 to 3 minutes. Add beans, tomatoes and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat; set aside and keep warm until ready to serve.
- For Leek Garnish: Blanch leeks in boiling water for 1 minute; strain and dry thoroughly with paper towels. Heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Fry leeks until golden; drain on paper towels and set aside.
- For Lemon Cilantro Sauce: In medium saucepan, combine wine, shallot, ginger, lemon juice and half of the cilantro (leaves and stems) over medium-high heat. Reduce by until about 3 tablespoons liquid remains. Add cream; bring to a boil. Whisk in 2 pieces of butter at a time, waiting until melted before adding more. Remove from heat; strain sauce through a strainer into another saucepan; set aside and keep warm until ready to serve. Chop remaining 1/2 bunch cilantro (leaves only). Stir in cilantro just before serving.
- For Red Snapper: Season fish filets with salt and pepper, as desired. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook fish filets, skin side down, until skin is crisp. Turn over and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- To serve, spoon black bean ragout on each of 4 serving plates. Top with fish filet. Place mound of fried shallots over filet; spoon lemon cilantro sauce around the center of plate.
Per Serving: 923 calories; 73.6 g fat; 18.7 g carbohydrates; 38.2 g protein; 218 mg cholesterol; 532 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I think I may have messed this up. The ragout of black beans and the lemon cilantro sauce was great, but I would definitely use fresher fish (not pre-frozen) next time. I didn't make the leek g...