Canned Food Alliance
"A simply delicious and low-fat dessert, this Pear-Ginger Sorbet turns a can of pears into a perfectly refreshing after-dinner treat."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 10 m servings 104 cals
Original recipe yields 3 servings (3 (1/2 cup) servings)
- Place unopened can of fruit in freezer until solid (approx. 24 hours; can may bulge slightly). Submerge unopened frozen can in very hot tap water for 1 minute.
- Open can and pour any thawed syrup into food processor bowl. Remove frozen fruit from can; carefully cut into 8 chunks.
- Place frozen fruit chunks into food processor; add flavoring. Process until smooth, scraping blade as needed.
- Serve immediately or spoon into freezer container and freeze until ready to serve.
- Not recommended for blenders or mini food processors. To double recipe, process in two separate batches. For firmer sorbet, freeze 1 to 2 hours prior to serving.
Per Serving: 104 calories; 0.2 g fat; 26.9 g carbohydrates; 0.3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 7 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1