Hazelnut Chocolate Chunk Muffins
"Sweet, delicately-textured muffins, with bran, wheat germ, and crunchy whole hazelnuts!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 286
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 muffins)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper cup liners.
- Heat the oil for frying in a medium, deep skillet over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, toss the hazelnuts in 1 tablespoon flour to lightly coat. Spoon the hazelnuts into the hot oil, and fry until golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, mix the 2 cups flour, wheat germ, brown sugar, oat bran, hazelnut butter, and egg. Thoroughly mix in baking powder. Stir in the milk, and fold in the chocolate chips. Evenly pour into the lined muffin pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
You might also like
- Editor's Note
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 286 calories; 13.3 38.2 6.7 17 102 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
These muffins are moist and delicious! I didn't put any nuts but added extra wheat germ to give it a crunchy texture!