Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 387 cals
- In a small bowl, combine dried blueberries, dried cherries, dried cranberries, and 2 tablespoons brandy. Soak for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan or Bundt pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the eggnog, mixing just until incorporated. Fold in soaked fruit mixture. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix together brandy, water, and 3/4 cup sugar. With pastry brush, brush entire surface of cake with glaze. Cool completely before serving.
Per Serving: 387 calories; 13.9 g fat; 59.5 g carbohydrates; 4.5 g protein; 75 mg cholesterol; 106 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
This is destined to become a family holiday favorite. So good!
Followed the recipe and I really like the taste, but it came out pretty dry.
Moist, tall cake. I didn't have any dried fruit, so instead I used 6oz. fresh blueberries and 6oz. cooked fresh cranberries. Also didn't have brandy, so I used rum instead. For the glaze, I m...
An instant holiday favorite! I can see myself making this every year! I was going to take this to work, but my husband wouldn't let me. :) Thanks a bunch!
I made this recipe last year for friends and family, it was a hit! They asked me to do it again this year. I made individual loafs.
Very delicious! Can't taste the eggnog; I didn't have cranberries so I did what another reviewer did, I substituted fresh blueberries and cherries in proportions to equal 3/4 cup and soaked thes...
This cake was a big hit at Thanksgiving dinner. I only used dried cranberries and cherries because that is what I had on had. I didn't use the brandy called for either. I used two tablespoons...
really taste , i used 1 cup of cranberries only for fruitsand i added 1 tbs ginger.
I made quite a few changes but still this came out excellent; it was delicious, soft and moist. First off, I had only dried cranberries so I added 1 cup cranberries and reduced the sugar by 1/4 ...