Ingredients2 h 45 m servings 673
- In a saucepan, combine water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and beef cubes. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Combine the chile powder, minced garlic, and oregano in a small bowl. Add enough of the beef cooking water to make a paste. After 30 minutes, stir the spice paste into the beef mixture.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook flour, stirring constantly, until golden brown. Take 1 cup of the spiced cooking water and whisk it into the flour mixture until smooth. Stir in the cumin, chopped parsley, and salt.
- Transfer the thickened sauce mixture into the saucepan with the beef. Simmer until tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Use any red chile powder: Anaheim, New Mexico, Guajillo.
Per Serving: 673 calories; 51.9 8.2 43 152 599 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Wow! This was spicy! 4 Tbsp red pepper flakes was WAY too much. I used only 2 Tbsp and we were sweating and our lips were burning. Despite the bite, it had a great flavor! We'll cook this o...
This makes an outstanding sauce and the flavor is outrageous. This is defiantly a new favorite.