Ingredients50 m servings 288
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir leeks and carrots in hot oil until softened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir chicken broth into leek mixture; bring to a boil. Add potatoes, salt, cloves, and pepper; boil until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Pour pumpkin puree into a large bowl. Stir 1 cup of broth and potatoes mixture into pumpkin.
- Pour pumpkin mixture, corn, and milk into chicken broth mixture in the large pot. Stir to combine and simmer until heated through and flavors blend, at least 5 minutes. Sprinkle individual servings with parsley.
- Cook's Note:
- Vegetable stock can be substituted for a fabulous vegetarian soup!
Per Serving: 288 calories; 11.1 44.3 7.1 7 1820 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
This was pretty good and will make it again. I used fresh pumpkin in chunks and added a couple of other veggies I had on hand. Then I gave it a slight twist with an immersion blender leaving it ...
I was very good. Will make it again. I did not have any milk so I added tahini butter to make it creamy. Yummy !!
I’m always needing a new idea for another way to use pumpkin instead of pies and bread. This is a very tasty and healthy alternative. I added bacon the second night to give it more flavor.
This is a great fall soup, very smooth and it really warms you up. I followed the recipe except I added some minced garlic and only used 8 cups of chicken broth because I like thicker soups. I a...
Thank you for posting this recipe. It was delicious and my whole family loved it!
Great as is. I can't have dairy, so the second time I omitted the milk but it was still very, very good.
This was the perfect recipe cleaning out the fridge and the soup was warm and thick and cozy on a cold winter's day. I used a cup less broth as I prefer thicker soups and had a bit of shredded ...