Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 1 h 30 m servings 423 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place split peas in a large bowl, and cover with water (roughly twice as much water as split peas by volume). Cover, and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Drain the water from the peas, and mash the peas thoroughly. Mix in onion, garlic, mint, egg, coriander, and cumin. Season with cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper to taste. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- Form split pea mixture into small rounds, flatten slightly, and drop into hot oil. Fry until the falafel are a rich brown color.
- Editor's Note
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 423 calories; 22.8 g fat; 40.2 g carbohydrates; 16.3 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 10 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1