Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 143 cals
Original recipe yields 50 servings (2 - 10 x 15 inch sheet pans)
- In a medium bowl, mix the apples and sugar. Let stand about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 10x15 inch baking pans.
- Stir the water into the bowl with apples. Blend eggs and margarine in a small bowl, and mix with the apples. Mix in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the raisins and walnuts. Transfer to the prepared pans.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool slightly before turning out of pans.
- In a medium bowl, blend confectioners' sugar, hot water, and vanilla extract. Drizzle over the cakes while still warm.
Per Serving: 143 calories; 5.5 g fat; 23 g carbohydrates; 1.6 g protein; 7 mg cholesterol; 82 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I was hesitant in trying this recipe because of the amount of sugar and margarine called for, but still wanted to give it a try. I did change the recipe a little, used butter instead of margarin...