- In a large skillet, cook steak in 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining oil; saute peppers for 2 minutes. Stir in zucchini, onion and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Add peas, mushrooms and water chestnuts. Saute until the vegetables are tender, about 2 minutes.
- Return beef to the skillet. Combine cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice.
- Nutritional Analysis: One serving (calculated without rice) equals 245 calories, 547 mg sodium, 39 mg cholesterol, 17 gm carbohydrate, 19 gm protein, 11 gm fat, 3 gm fiber. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
- © 2002 Reiman Media Group, Inc.
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was great. I had lots of peppers to use up and no mushrooms and pea pods, so I left them out and added a couple extra peppers. I also added a bit more spices (whatever kind you like) and 3 ...
YUMMY! My husband wanted stir-fry one night yet i had just had Chinese for lunch so I found this recipe and decided to give it a shot...WOW...I skipped the mushrooms (husband doesn't like them) ...
Great two dish meal. After a preliminary taste I added some Chinese five spice and a splash of teryaki to give it more body.