Cranberry Orange Almond Bread
McCormick® & Company
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 182 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl combine first 6 ingredients. Set aside.
- In a bowl, cream butter with sugar and vanilla. Add orange zest, eggs, and orange juice until well combined. Gradually add orange mixture to dry ingredients. Mix until just moistened. Fold in cranberries and almonds.
- Pour batter into well-greased 9x5-inch loaf pan and bake 55-60 minutes, or for mini-loaves use three 5 1/2x3-inch mini-loaf pans and bake 35 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool at least 2 hours before cutting.
- If using dried cranberries, boil 2 cups water in small saucepan. Remove from heat and add 1 cup dried cranberries, cover and let stand 15 minutes. Drain but do not rinse. Substitute for fresh cranberries in Step 2.
- If using frozen cranberries, do not thaw. Toss with dry ingredients in Step 1.
Per Serving: 182 calories; 6.9 g fat; 27.2 g carbohydrates; 3.5 g protein; 33 mg cholesterol; 182 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 17
This was absolutely the most beautiful "fruit bread" I've ever had! Mind you, i'm crazy about orange and cranberries. It became my holiday favourite this year -- made 7 or 8 batches of it! Every...
A great recipe for cranberry orange bread. It came out perfectly, and the spices were just right. Used pecans, as I had no almonds; it was delicious, but I'll be it's even better with almonds....
I used 1&1/2c cranberries cut in half and an extra 1/2tsp vanilla. Fragrant and delicious.
very tasty, but I add orange juice that is more concentrated than usual. Also watch the cooking time, the bread goes from perfectly done to overdone very quickly.
I followed the recipe exactly and found it to be a great moist quick bread. I only cooked it for 45-50 minutes so that it wouldn't dry out...it was perfectly done. The only thing I wanted was ...
The sweetness and tartness of the bread is just perfect. I would add a little more orange zest, but first batch turned out magnificent.
Pretty good. I can't give 5 stars because it was kind of dry. The flavor was nice though.